VERNON ALAN WILLS
Vernon has had an extensive career in investment and finance as well as practical experience as a Public company Chairman and Director of companies in Mining, Property, Financial services. Vernon is currently CEO and Managing Director of Site Group which operates a significant number of training centres around the world. Additionally, he serves as a Director of Eumundi Group Ltd (as well as Chairman of the Audit and Risk committee since September 2004), Chairman of Ubidy Technology Group Ltd, and was founding Chairman of Microba Life Sciences Ltd.
Previously he has been a Director of gold producer Kulim Ltd, Finance and Development Ltd, Telecorp Ltd, Chairman of Dark Blue Sea Ltd, Chairman of FSA Group Ltd and also a director of the Greg Norman Golf Foundation, CITEC, and Deputy Chair of the Queensland Government’s Major Sports Facilities. Vernon also served as a committee member on the National Competition Policy Review of the Queensland Liquor Act.
As Chairman of Enhance Group he has overseen the major Advisory roles which Enhance was retained as well as the development of leading Market research house Enhance Management.
ALLEN JOHN TYSON
Allen Tyson has extensive knowledge from operating at senior levels of a global recruitment company, servicing all industry sectors, with a focus on the oil / gas industry. Clients include majors such as ExxonMobil, Shell, Talisman, BG, and service providers McDermott, Clough, Saipem, ENI. Allen brings functional experience including global business development, operational management, development of resourcing plans for major projects, and project contract management, essentially the end-to-end manpower supply chain. Allen also has in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and shortfalls of current systems supporting industry, as well as a strong connection to industry and government in several key markets.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Mr Dawson is the Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary of Site Group International Limited. He brings extensive financial management experience gained in ASX listed entities with both local and international operations in a variety of industries including media, financial services, gaming and wagering and most recently in the rapidly growing online sector.
Most notably, Mr Dawson was CFO of Wotif.com for over 4 years as the group experienced rapid earnings growth, greatly extended its geographical reach and expanded its brands and products through both organic and acquisition growth. Prior to that, Mr Dawson was Queensland General Manager – Corporate Services at Tatts Group Limited heading up the finance and administration divisions of Tatts Queensland operations.
Mr Dawson holds a Bachelor of Commerce and is a Chartered Accountant.
John has more than 23 years’ experience in the resources industry with 12 of those as a senior executive in Santos Limited, a large Australian listed company and with more than eight years as a director of Darwin LNG. An experienced executive in the Australian and Asian resources sector with direct international experience in Australia and the Asia Pacific region having led businesses operating in the region for a number of years including Santos’ significant investments in Western Australia and the Northern Territory, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Malaysia, PNG and Indonesia. Extensive experience in Asia Pacific in LNG projects and the commercialization of domestic gas and new ventures.
- LLB - Monash University
- B.Ec - Monash University
- Graduate Diploma Commercial Law - Bond University
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Executive Consultant, Deloitte Consulting. February 2018-current
- Non-Executive Director, Platina Resources Limited. May 2018-current
- Executive Vice President Marketing & Trading, Santos 2017
- Executive Vice President Commercial & Business Development, Santos June 2016-March 2017
- Vice President Asia Pacific and Western Australia and Northern Territory, Santos 2013-2016
- Vice President Western Australia and Northern Territory, Santos 2009-2013
- Vice President Commercial, Santos 2009 (6 months)
- Vice President Strategic Projects, Santos 2005-2009
- Group Executive Business Development, Santos 2003-2005
- Manager Commercial Central Business Unit (Cooper Basin), Santos 2002-2003
- Manager Legal & Business Services South Australia Business Unit, Santos 2000-2002
- General Counsel Queensland & Northern Territory Business Unit, Santos 1996-2000
- Commercial lawyer (Melbourne and Brisbane), Herbert Smith Freehills 1987-1996
- Director, Darwin LNG, March 2007-December 2015
Jamie is an experienced senior commercial executive in the Australian and international education & training, oil & gas and industrial services markets throughout Asia-Pacific.
Jamie has worked extensively in an ASX listed environment, developing and managing commercial opportunities, entering new markets and operating across international jurisdictions. Jamie has exposure to federal, state and territory governments and is experienced in market entry, engagement and strategy in support of consultation, funding or grant applications.
In addition to having held steering committee and working groups appointments across government and peak bodies, Jamie is Principal Consultant at Strategic Market Entry and Engagement Services.
Trevor is a global executive in the Oil & Gas and Resources Sector having held executive roles at Santos and Unocal and having commenced his career with Woodside. Deep technical E&P background – Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, Drilling and Completions (onshore and offshore).
Mega project (LNG) execution experience, commercial analysis, portfolio management, technology and innovation.
Key roles at Santos included:
- Head of New Ventures;
- General Manager Exploration;
- Vice President Exploration and Subsurface, and
- Vice President Queensland (including head of Gladstone LNG project).
VP Exploration and Subsurface
As VP Exploration and subsurface Trevor was accountable for the global Exploration portfolio, company-wide Drilling and Completions activities and functional accountability for Reserves, Subsurface assurance, staff and expert services. Annual Budget $400m. 350 employees. Member of Executive Team shaping company strategy. Provided subsurface expertise and assurance to allow confident Board decision-making.
Delivered a successful track record of discoveries, resource additions and establishment of a well- developed pipeline of opportunities. >300 million barrels of oil equivalent of Contingent Resources added over 4 years at a finding cost of ~$4/barrel of oil (>120% Reserve Replacement Ratio).
As the Vice President Queensland Trevor was accountable for leading the Santos operated GLNG mega project over a 5 year period ) through development and construction and into start up and operations.
Assumed leadership of the GLNG Project 18 months after FID. Transformed a mega-project in distress with a “siloed” organisation to achieve planned start-up schedule within budget. Simultaneously built the organisational capability and culture necessary for the safe, reliable, efficient, long-term supply of gas. Achieved seamless start-up with first cargo delivered in October 2015. Fields performing above FID forecasts and facilities reliably delivering 10% above nameplate capacity.
In this role Trevor led the Upstream (Exploration and Production) division of the GLNG) Project – a Coal Seam Gas (CSG) to LNG business comprising US$18.5bn capital project - (Upstream; US$9bn, 980 direct employees and 2,500 contractors). Operator on behalf of three of the world’s largest LNG companies: Total, Petronas and Kogas. Accountable for the reserves base, planning, construction, initial and ongoing development and operations of the fields and infrastructure delivering gas supply for two LNG trains.
Leading a team across development, operations, drilling and completions, commercial, business services, human resources, legal, external affairs, safety and environment.
Also a member and Chair of Project Operating Committee (Board) with full governance responsibility over the GLNG project.
During this period Trevor also initiated and led the highly successful “Safer Together” organisation bringing together over 100 Operating and contracting organisations to improve safety outcomes in the Australian Oil & Gas sector.Unocal
11 years internationally based with the major US Independent in industry-leading team undertaking extensive (hundreds of wells) Deepwater Exploration and Development programs in South Asia Asia, Gulf of Mexico and Brazil – dominantly deep water tertiary geology
Part of a highly successful exploration and development team in Indonesia that oversaw a complete re-engineering of the business model from “harvest” to “significant growth” via innovation, collaboration, unit-cost reduction and risk management. Dramatic business turnaround achieved. Resultant major deepwater discoveries under development in the Kutei Basin, Indonesia.
- Discovered and developed the deepwater West Seno oil and gas field (>100 million barrels of oil equivalent). Discovered the deepwater Gendalo and Gehem fields (>400 million barrels of oil equivalent);
- Led Field Operations (onshore and offshore) in Asia, through exploration, appraisal and development activities. Introduced mutually beneficial contracts with major service providers; e.g. Schlumberger, that facilitated the introduction of value-adding, new technology and efficient operating practices.
- Gained extensive offshore and deepwater exploration and development experience through the drilling of hundreds of exploration wells and participating in resultant field developments.
- Senior advisor on projects in Thailand, Vietnam, USA and Brazil whilst based in Indonesia.
Exploration team member which included cross-postings to Petroleum Engineering and international training as part of a three-year, Shell Graduate Program.
Worked in a successful team and gained valuable, cross-discipline office and operational well-site experience during an active Exploration campaign program including the discovery of the >200 million-barrel Wanaea and Cossack oil fields and the Perseus extension of the North Rankin field.Advisory Services
In recent years Trevor has provided a range of advisory services not just to the oil& gas and resources sectors but also other sectors such as defence by virtue of his recent mega project execution experience.
Advisory roles have included:
- Advising Board and Executive of Essential Energy, a state owned power utility through a period of organisation transformation;
- Advising and facilitating oil and gas industry leaders through the successful formation of an industry led, collaborative safety body in Western Australia and Northern Territory (“Safer Together WANT”);
- Advising global operating companies in resource, infrastructure and defence sectors on major project leadership;
- Assessing an international LNG project on behalf of potential purchaser as part of major M&A project;
- Advising major service provider during capture of significant new business opportunities;
- Advising growing technology companies on business, governance and organisational capability development; and
- Acting as expert witness in dispute arbitration between international exploration operator and national regulator.